May 19, 2015

The Inaugural Post

Welcome to Masturdating Azeroth!

First, yes, this is actually a World of Warcraft player blog! If you came here looking for something else, I can't help ya.
Pros and Cons - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
However, if you'd like to read about my solo activities in the game, and perhaps discover a tidbit that inspires you to perform your own acts of solo-dating within the game, then welcome!
So, what does "masturdate" mean? No, it's not dirty (even if it IS natural!) According the Urban Dictionary:
A term that was first coined on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Masturdate is an intentional pun of masturbate. In this lewd yet satisfying activity, one will engage on an ordinary date with his/herself and with the objective to impress and please only themself. Usually, a successful masturdate is followed by myriad hours of masturbation.
Ahem. Uh. So....   Ok, no comments about that last bit. At least, not in our inaugural post. Moving on...

A bit about me: I'm a casual player with an every-changing play schedule. The sheer randomness of my playtime means that my groups are usually limited to LFD/LFR queues. The majority of my time in-game revolves around solo content, and includes pet battles, rare spawn 'camping', garrison chores, and legacy raids and/or instances.
Prior to the Warlords of Draenor (and inspired by JD's Laid Back Raids) I led some legacy content guild raids simply to experience content.... and let's be honest, collect some achievement points! I found these nights to be the most enjoyable aspect of Mists. I looked forward to Sunday's "Old Raid Nights" all week! However, it wasn't enough to keep the full interest of my guild, nor ultimately my full interest, and I did take time off right around Throne of Thunder.
Then, Blizzard sucked me back in with the pre-Warlords of Draenor recruitment bit and I was back in the game!  For a while, I tried to play catchup with Siege of Orgrimmar (leveling up gear to actually qualify for SOO LFR). I quickly realized I was no longer a serious --let alone hard core -- raider. I decided that I was going to enjoy myself in other aspects of the game, and not compare myself to the 'raiding crowd'.  Not too long after this epiphany, patch 6.0 hit (with the "stat squish") and older content became even more reachable. With garrison missions dropping i655 and i670 loots now and again, I'm ever more able than ever to explore older content and pursue achievements that have been mocking me over the past several years. And I'm not the least bit ashamed of how good that makes me feel. Just like the real deal, would it feel better with company? Yeah, yeah it would.
But, as the song goes, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!
Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment